ONGOING WEEKLY GROUPS
- The Living Project Support Group. Interactive sharing where each person’s story becomes part of the bigger story that is being told through all of us. The group meets on Zoom each Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m. To receive in login information, email group facilitator, Mike Quishenberry email@example.com]
- Social Jesus HeartGroup. Engage with the Jesus of justice and liberation through this group led by Herb Montgomery, director of Renewed Heart Ministries. Each week, Herb releases a new study guide [hyperlink to: https://renewedheartministries.com/Esights] and podcast [hypererlink to: https://renewedheartministries.com/Podcasts] that dives into the mission of Jesus. Then he leads the group discussion each Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom [hyperlink to: https://zoom.us/j/8182447241]
- Special Groups and Seminars
- Racial Justice Book Club. At 2:00p on the third Sunday of the month, this new book club dedicated to developing knowledge and empowering action around issues of racial equity will meet together on Zoom. The first book the group is reading is a new release by Stacey Abrams: Our Time Is Now. Pick up the book at your favorite retailer. To learn more and join the club, contact book club leader, Didi Mumford: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upcoming dates: September 20 and October 18.
- Online Conference: Models of Older Adult Ministry. On Monday, September 21, Glendale City Church, in conjunction with the New Theological Seminary of the West, is excited to host a special three-hour conference for congregational leaders that will focus on best practices to improve how we respond to the older members of our communities. Clergy, lay leaders and counselors are invited to attend. To register, visit http://ntswest.org.