Find groups and seminars that help you strengthen your spirituality, your health and your family. Gatherings take place on Saturday’s from 9:30-10:30 am unless otherwise noted.
ONGOING WEEKLY GROUPS
- Bible Study. April-July: Current Quarterly topic is “Preparation for the End Time.” English study in Chapel; Armenian study in Classroom 11; Romanian study in Classroom 13. Download English study guide here.
- Adventist Beliefs Bible Study. Bible Study based on H.M.S. Richard’s Bible Study Guide. Meets in Fellowship Hall, South.
- Grace Center Book Discussion. “Original Blessing: Putting Sin In Its Rightful Place”. Author Danielle Shroyer shows how the doctrine of original sin (Adam’s guilt and sinful nature transferred to all humanity) was not taught until post-4th century Western Christianity. She reminds that we are made in the image of God; that “we are a blessed people sent out of Eden, not a cursed people kicked out”. Come and join the discussion!
- The Living Project Support Group (on hiatus until further notice). Interactive sharing where each person’s story becomes part of the bigger story that is being told through all of us. Meets in the Red Room, Classroom 4.
- Communitas JumpStart Center. Learn more about resources available from Communitas by connecting with executive director, Katheline LeConte, at the information table in the courtyard.
- Living the Questions. Weekly group led by Todd Leonard that rethinks our Christian beliefs. Material donation request $20. Confidentiality and consistent attendance expected (limited run through September 1). Meets in Multipurpose Room, under Sanctuary.
- Los Angeles Adventist Forum, June 23, 3:00p.m, Chapel of the Good Shepherd, Glendale City Church
Gregory L. Hoenes, MA, PhD student, Claremont School of Theology; 25 years as a church pastor, including Hollywood & Santa Clarita churches, and currently Director for the West Region at the Southern California Conference, will present “Wealth, Poverty, and Inequality: The Challenge to Adventism,” exploring implications for our present-day church looking at income/tithe, global urbanization, current lifestyle changes, social and cultural, and including access to education & medical care.
Adventist Forum, publishers of SPECTRUM and spectrummagazine.org, is an independent non-profic 501(c)(3) organization committed to promoting community through conversation in the Seventh-day Adventist Church. City Church hosts the Los Angeles Chapter.
- “Seniors Academy Luncheon and Seminar. Learn how to thrive in your “third half” of life over a catered luncheon in the Fellowship Hall.”