Find groups and seminars that help you strengthen your spirituality, your health and your family. Gatherings take place on Saturday’s from 9:30-10:30 am unless otherwise noted.
ONGOING WEEKLY GROUPS
- Bible Study. April-July: Current Quarterly topic is “Preparation for the End Time.” English study in Chapel; Armenian study in Classroom 11; Romanian study in Classroom 13. Download English study guide here.
- Adventist Beliefs Bible Study. Bible Study based on H.M.S. Richard’s Bible Study Guide. Meets in Fellowship Hall, South.
- Grace Center Book Discussion. “Original Blessing: Putting Sin In Its Rightful Place”. Author Danielle Shroyer shows how the doctrine of original sin (Adam’s guilt and sinful nature transferred to all humanity) was not taught until post-4th century Western Christianity. She reminds that we are made in the image of God; that “we are a blessed people sent out of Eden, not a cursed people kicked out”. Come and join the discussion!
- The Living Project Support Group (on hiatus until further notice). Interactive sharing where each person’s story becomes part of the bigger story that is being told through all of us. Meets in the Red Room, Classroom 4.
- Communitas JumpStart Center. Learn more about resources available from Communitas by connecting with executive director, Katheline LeConte, at the information table in the courtyard.
- Living the Questions. Weekly group led by Todd Leonard that rethinks our Christian beliefs. Material donation request $20. Confidentiality and consistent attendance expected (limited run through September 1). Meets in Multipurpose Room, under Sanctuary.
- May 26. L.A. Adventist Forum. 3:00 p.m. Presentation by Paulo de Oliveira, Ph.D. student at Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena. Dr. Paulo Oliveira holds a B.Th. degree from the Adventist University of Sao Paulo Seminary, Brazil, and a Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry degree, with an emphasis on global mission from Andrews University. He has served as Associate and Senior Pastor in Brazil, the United Arab Emirates, and the U.S., and is currently the pastor at Northridge Seventh-day Adventist Church. The title of his presentation is: “The Muslim Next Door: How the Images of Islam and Muslims Affect Christians in the Pursuit of Loving Your Neighbor and Justice.”