Find groups and seminars that help you strengthen your spirituality, your health and your family. Gatherings take place on Saturday’s from 9:30-10:30 am unless otherwise noted.
ONGOING WEEKLY GROUPS
- Bible Study. January-March 2018: Meets in chapel
- Grace Center Book Discussion. Current book: “Facing Doubt: A Book for Adventist Believers ‘On the Margins’.” Meets in Fellowship Hall-North.
- The Living Project Support Group. Interactive sharing where each person’s story becomes part of the bigger story that is being told through all of us.
- Communitas JumpStart Center. A trained case management professional is available to help you find community resources for personal and family financial stability. 9:00-11:00 am, Lower level, Room 9.
- JANUARY 20. Seniors Academy: Spirituality for the Third Half of Life. Rev. Doug Edwards with HumanGood presents the sermon during morning worship at 11:00 am and then leads a luncheon seminar in Fellowship Hall-South from 12:45-1:45pm.
- JANUARY 27. LA Adventist Forum. Dr. Greg Schneider, Professor of Religion and Social Science, Pacific Union College: “It’s the Demographics, Not the Doctrines: The Real Reasons Why Conservative Churches Have Grown.”
- FEBRUARY 3. A Sanctuary for Conversation. Hear first-hand stories and interact with Adventist professionals who are actively engaging on how churches can be more effective at welcoming LGBT+ individuals in our communities. 2:30-5:30 pm, Adventist Health Glendale in the main auditorium. Registration is free but required: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-sanctuary-for-conversation-tickets-40860297249
- FEBRUARY 10. LA Adventist Forum. Dr. Reinder Bruinsma, discussing his recently-published book, Facing Doubt: A Book for Adventist Believers ‘on the Margins’. 3:00 pm, Chapel.
- FEBRUARY 17. Seniors Academy with Doug Edwards. Morning seminar, 9:30-10:30 am; luncheon seminar, 12:45-1:45 pm. In Fellowship Hall-South.
- FEBRUARY 24. Preview: Reincarnating Your Faith. Meet with Todd Leonard to learn about this new weekly group that launches in April. Multipurpose Room