Find groups and seminars that help you strengthen your spirituality, your health and your family. Gatherings take place on Saturday’s from 9:30-10:30 am unless otherwise noted.
ONGOING WEEKLY GROUPS
- Bible Study. April-June: “Family Seasons” Download English study guide here.
- Grace Center Book Discussion. “Religious Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know — and Doesn’t” by Stephen Prothero. In the USA — probably the most religious Western country — half of its people can only name one of the four gospels, and most cannot name the first book of the Bible! Such ignorance creates human targets “too easily swayed by demagogues on the left or the right”. And the author maintains that, despite belief to the contrary, it was not secularists who enabled this illiteracy. “In one of the great ironies of American religious history,” Prothero writes, “it was the nation’s most fervent people of faith who steered us down the road to religious illiteracy. Just how that happened is one of the stories this book has to tell.” A fascinating and important book today, including a 100+ page dictionary of religious terms. Come and join the discussion!
- The Living Project Support Group. Interactive sharing where each person’s story becomes part of the bigger story that is being told through all of us.
• Senior Academy, May 18, 2019, 12:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall. Each third Saturday of the month we provide a special meal and fellowship time for members in the “third half of life,” as well as seeking to address questions you as seniors may have. This month our guest speaker is Kemp Smeal, “The Art of Leaning Into Life’s Challenges.”
• Los Angeles Adventist Forum.Please note special day May 18, 2019, 3:00 p.m., Chapel of the Good Shepherd. Bonnie Dwyer, editor of Spectrum Magazine, joins us to Report on the General Conference Spring Meetings. All are welcome; admission is free. Adventist Forum, publishers of SPECTRUM and spectrummagazine.org, is an independent non-profit 501(c)(3) organization committed to promoting community through conversation in the Seventh-day Adventist Church. City Church hosts the Los Angeles Chapter.