Find groups and seminars that help you strengthen your spirituality, your health and your family. Gatherings take place on Saturday’s from 9:30-10:30 am unless otherwise noted.
ONGOING WEEKLY GROUPS
- Bible Study. October-December: “The Book of Oneness in Christ” Download English study guide here.
- Grace Center Book Discussion. “Original Blessing: Putting Sin In Its Rightful Place”. Author Danielle Shroyer shows how the doctrine of original sin (Adam’s guilt and sinful nature transferred to all humanity) was not taught until post-4th century Western Christianity. She reminds that we are made in the image of God; that “we are a blessed people sent out of Eden, not a cursed people kicked out”. Come and join the discussion!
- The Living Project Support Group. Interactive sharing where each person’s story becomes part of the bigger story that is being told through all of us.
- Communitas JumpStart Center. Learn more about resources available from Communitas by connecting with case manager, Katheline LeConte, at the information table in the courtyard. Opens at 9:00 am.
- Guiding Families of LGBT+ Loved Ones. Have a family member who has told you that they identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or queer? Want to gain insight into what they mean? Want to learn how to be a supportive parent, grandparent, sibling, aunt, uncle or cousin? Join Pastor Todd and others for a new course just published by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Adventist Forum, Los Angeles Chapter Presents:
October 27, 3:00p: Authentic Adventism,with Dr. William Johnsson, retired editor of the Adventist Review
November 3, 3:00p:After Annual Council,with Bonnie Dwyer, editor of Spectrum Magazine
- Seniors Academy, November Luncheon:
SPECIAL DATE: NOVEMBER 3, 12:30:Coping with Griefwith Rev. Galen Goben, director of bereavement support at Forest Lawn Memorial Parks